Due to unforeseen circumstances the SWAN caseworker is unable to respond to your emails and calls at this time. If you are experiencing an emergency please call 911. If you are seeking an update on an issue already in progress, please send an email with your name, contact information, and brief description of your issue and we will respond as soon as possible. Thank you.
SWAN offers a helpline for servicewomen, women veterans, and their families, as well as any servicemember or veteran who has experienced Military Sexual Trauma. The helpline is staffed by a woman veteran caseworker who will listen to you and, if necessary, will work in consultation with an experienced group of veterans, health providers, and attorneys to determine how we can best assist and help you.
Contact the Legal and Social Service Referral Helpline
We’re Ready to Listen: SWAN’s Helpline for Legal and Social Service Referrals
What the Helpline does:
1. Provides referrals for supportive services in the US
- counseling/mental health
- housing assistance
- VA benefits assistance
- domestic violence
- LGBT issues
2. Provides legal referrals and answers basic legal inquiries
- family court issues
- VA appeals cases
- discharge upgrades and record correction
- involuntary separation
- EO complaints and reprisal grievances
- sexual assault victim rights
3. Provides limited case management services
4. Provides basic information about VA benefits and claims procedures
What the Helpline does not do:
1. Provide direct representation for legal matters
2. Provide counseling services
3. Provide financial assistance
4. Provide representation as a Veteran Service Officer
5. Provide crisis intervention
What to expect:
Please leave a message with your name and phone number or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
; a caseworker will respond between 10AM and 6PM EST Monday through Friday. Messages will be responded to as soon as possible but may take up to 72 hours. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911.
A follow-up call or email will include a brief set of questions about your background, current situation and needs. Your information will be kept confidential.
You will work with the Helpline caseworker to identify your concerns and priorities, while deciding on healthy next steps.
Most importantly, any information you share will be within your own comfort level. Your safety and well-being are our primary concerns.
Who will I be speaking with?
Caseworkers are individuals who are knowledgeable about military and veteran issues and culture from a woman’s perspective. They will be able to connect you to a variety of helpful resources and supportive services and they are trained to work with you to identify your needs and healthy next steps.
Benefits of the Helpline:
- No one should have to struggle alone – use the Helpline to find the assistance you need.
- Get connected to legal, mental health, or other supportive services.
- Join a growing community of service women and women veterans who share your experience.
- Get more information about how SWAN is addressing the challenges facing service women and women veterans – and how you can be an active part of these initiatives.
Please use this contact form in order to quickly give us the information we need to best serve you.
To download the flyer, simply right-click and save.